One of the worst things a mother can hear at 2 am, is the words, ” Mommy, I threw up!” But, alas, as parents we will most likely hear that phrase at least a couple of times in our lives. I’ve been blessed to learn a few tricks along the way though, and I’d like to share them with you today.
It has been a whole year since my children have had…. let’s say the ” consequences of an upset stomach ” – you get the point! I attribute that greatly to essential oils. I have been able to use oils to help protect against that age old ” Mommy , I threw up! ” phrase. I use these oils to protect from bouts of upset stomach and I also use the oils when a child even looks like they might be feeling ill. Here are the protocols I use to help protect my kids, along with a little tip for bedtime !
To Protect and Support the Immune System ( and the consequences of upset stomachs! )
* Cleansing Blend at bedtime ~ every night. Here’s a little trick I use with my kids ! I put the Cleansing Blend on their feet and tell them it’s ” no nightmare oil ” ! Hey- it can strengthen and soothe the mind too- so it works!
~ PS: Most essential oil companies have their own special blends of oils – already made up and packaged in one convenient bottle – that help promote certain things- such as a Cleansing Blend is like DoTerra’s Purify- oils that the company feels promote a cleansing effect. Protective Blend would be an essential oil companies blend of oils that help to promote protecting the immune system etc. Because different companies use different oils.. we just use generic terms. Below you can find info on what oils we prefer and how you can learn more !
* Protective Blend – the minute you detect a child not feeling well!
* Lemon oil in their water bottles for school or throughout the day – don’t forget no plastic bottles ! It breaks down the plastic 🙂
So…. what happens if they actually get the upset stomach…. or worse ? Here’s what I do :
* Frankincense, Protective Blend, Lemon, and Oregano -diluted with coconut oil – on their feet immediately after the yucky stuff happens.
* Make up a ” flu bomb ” blend and apply it to their stomachs.
Here’s the blend ( created by Stephanie Green ) :
5 drops of Petitgrain, 15 drops Respiratory Blend, 2 drops Bergamot, 4 drops Juniper Berry, 6 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Birch and coconut oil to dilute – and I put that together in a 5 ml glass bottle. Then I can just apply it to their stomachs every 2 hours for 24 hours.
We know it’s going to happen eventually, but with essential oils, you can protect them from having it happen every time a kid at school comes down with it ! Once it does happen – which hopefully will be a very long time in between- you now have the tools to keep them comfortable and to support their healing from it. Your welcome 😉 Hey- no mama wants to hear those words ever ! Good luck!
If you would like to learn more about these oils and other ways they can be used, please use the contact button at the top of the page ! You can also schedule a free Intro to Essential Oils and Free Oil Report session by clicking on Services at the top of the page. Thank you!